Sunday, November 26, 2006

Birth of a Blog

Hello there all of you!

So today is the day (yet) another person starts to write (yet) another blog. Just another drop in the ocean? Probably, but this one is long due... I and a great friend of mine had promised to start writing blogs after we got out of school. So while she kept her part of the 'pact' and is now something of a pro at blogging, here I am starting one more than half a year later than I should have. But, better late than never. So here goes...

OK, first of all, you're obviously wondering why I call my blog Highway Star... no, I am neither a car freak nor a Deep Purple addict. Its just that its 4 in the morning right now (more about why I'm starting blogs at this unearthly hour) and I actually spent 20 minutes trying to think of a good title. So, anyways, nothing occured and since Highway Star was playing, I decided on it. Promise to change the title as soon as I can think of something cooler. By the way, in case you havent heard the song, go ahead and do, it has an awesome guitar and keyboard solo!

Now, today is a very special day. Because I have completed my first semester of college!! Just cant believe it because during the first couple of days in the hostel, I was so upset about having left home, I actually called my dad up and said I was coming back home no matter what happened and that IIT and an engineering degree could go to hell for all the goddamn universe... I was not going to live in this ****hole (thats what I'd have said if my dad was a teenager, but believe me, the essence was the same). So anyways, its really hard to believe I survived these four months. But I did, and learnt one of those things which everyone eventually learns.. 'you will adjust no matter what'. It could take a day, a week or a month but you WILL adjust and begin to enjoy it. And since I've told you this much, might as well let out another secret... its been bothering me for some time now- I'm not very excited about going back home.. somewhere deep in my mind, there's this constant feeling of just how outrageously fun the last 2 months have been and how I was enjoying myself so much. But, I guess its just the stupid way an acutely sleep deprived mind thinks ;) I havent slept (no kidding) in the last 24 hrs and slept only a couple of hours the day before that. And before I'm called an insomniac, let me say that I had my finals so sleep was the last thing on my mind.

So now that exams are finally done, I'm getting back to good ol' Delhi.. man, writing about it suddenly brought back the excitement! OK guys, ignore whatever was above! And since I have to leave at 5 in the morning, I thought the whatever (master? angel? giver? take your pick) of sleep could take another day off and then work extra time when I'm at home ;) So I spent most of today packing up my room (for some reason, the hostel authorities would like us to empty the rooms before we leave) prior to which I spent 2 hours looking for a carton in which I could dump all my stuff. But now I'm all done and the room is the way I first got it except for a laptop and the person in front of it.

I think thats enough blogging for the night.. I'll write again from Delhi now!

8 comments:

MeMyself_n_I said...

ooh i'm so excited. u finally keep ur side of the pact.
alright, what was all that about not being very excited about coming back home? yeah the exact next moment u tell us to forget u said that, but since u DID say it, it must've come from somewhere(also refer to my last blog entry; quoting myself, once things have been said....). i think that's really good though, college is meant to be enjoyed.
thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog, and looking forward to giving many more such comments!

Unknown said...

nice to learn how people "fit in"...
hope the next post will be more uplifting and hopefully the author will have slept a wee bit more

My Reality said...

So thats what you were up to in the night! Highway Star eh? I guess that blaring music from Shivi's guitar and my keyboard is still echoing in your ears! But good job dude. Was interesting to read. I have been inspired to create my own now! :) (You know what that does, dont you?)

Unknown said...

Highway star ..GT Road ka tara ..I don think most of the musically cross bred ppl wnt get the title ..change it dude!..btw ..u inspire me too abhiz rite ..bt how the F*** did u open this page ..i tried and it ws blocked by the admin ..~!
Bt real nice attempt man ..did u nt write abt the videshi chocolates being consumed by a bunch of ever hungry guys?..man honestly i wud have kikked myself out had i been u ..!
Good to see u ve enjoyed ..ghar aa ke main bhi pak raha hoon ..and ya ..i m preparin a lot more guitar soloz ..and most probably u ll hear us both play dreamtheatre now ..start lookin for a title now ..unless u were too absobed by the lame soloz we played! ..Enjoy!

imperfect said...

heyy.. good yaar.. its nice to write..trust me.. feels sooooooooo good..!!

Shivy said...

here goes ..another comment ..man i m literally wht do i say ..bt u knw i ve noticed one thing ...startin one frm the blog no 1 till ur last blog ..ur way of writin is becomin more refined(although i m too bad myself to comment on it..bt whts the point makin things up and keep u illded ..real friends dn hide things ;) ) ..and the content is bcomin more interestin ..i loved that beggar thing ..so i dn gift beggars money..i give them toffees and chocolates(bt tel ya man its way more hard than givin money) ..keep goin dude ..i ll start soon ..bt i m nt goin to open my blogs for public views ..bt i ll include u ..
later man!
shivdeep

Anonymous said...

wow i did'nt know u cld write about urself so well... most of us cant share about ourselves so they do the next best thing- comment on others (which is what i'm doing now!!) good show !(esp. the profs bit... hope they dont access ur blog - keep friends reasonably bribed with good food(and booze- if it works)!! cheers, keep us high on more stuff, star!

Anonymous said...

shall continue as anony coz am too lazy to open an account. u shld know who i am though!