Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sweet Home Alaknanda

I'm back! Not that too many people care or anything, but its a great opening line... And to those 5 people who read my blog and commented, thanks! Hopefully, this will continue. Meaning that I'll continue posting and you'll continue commenting... why did I spell that out?

OK, since all the formailities are done and over with, I'll actually give you something of substance. So I've been home for 4 days now and have wasted my time in such a pedestrian manner that if my anatomy had allowed me, I'd have kicked myself in the ass, with the tip of my feet. And this I would have done to tell myself...

"Look here Siddharth (kick) , you're in college now (kick) and that too in Guwahati... It's rarely going to ever get better than a month at home (kick)... absolutely tension free, no acads, no projects, no reports (kick kick kick) ... just you and home and family and friends... come second year, you'll be out interning (kick), ditto third year (kick) and then apping around in your final year (kick)... after that, Masters somewhere else and who knows after that? So get your lousy old self off the bed (kicks till I obey this command) and DO SOMETHING worthwhile !!!!"

But on a more sombre note, I've finally realised that home is no longer home as it used to be... to anyone who doesnt get the meaning of that statement, I'll just ask one question- Have you ever entered your house and actually made an effort to do something special, just because you know you wont be able to do that for another four months?

Did I make my point?

PS- @ Shivani, sorry this post was even less uplifting. But as regards your second request, 15 hrs of sleep a day mean I'm wide awake now!

@ anyone who doesnt know what alaknanda is-- its the name of the locality where I live

8 comments:

imperfect said...

aahh... good work...

Dev said...

Awesome piece of work bro..it was hilarious & yeah I guess ultimately u did make ur 'Point'...Keep it Goin Dude!!..n i'll be hooked on 2 ur blogs...lol..CHEERS!!

My Reality said...

Lol...good one dude. Do tell me how bored you're getting though. I'd like to cheer up myself! Yes I know I am evil ;)

Unknown said...

hey...gud job..i'm inspired!.. lol

MeMyself_n_I said...

oh heck i wanted to be the first to comment. oh well.
my point, if ur getting bored, gimme a call!!!! i am in what is defined as a complete state of idleness these days.

MeMyself_n_I said...

u've been tagged!

Unknown said...

hey u have a 6th reader.... an extremely enjoyable read!!

Aditya Deorha said...

hey i wud lyk to ask one thing.. i dunno why bt somehow i find lying on da bed da most useful thing i can do in ma holls... dont u agree?? i mean arent we starved of sleep on wel normal days?? i can continue to sleep wake up watching movies nd den sleep.. zzzzzz